National funding programs
The Senate Administrations for Economics, Energy and Enterprises, those for Integration, Labor and Social Affairs as well as those for Urban Development and Housing have commissioned ECG to adapt the Eureka program, which has been used for many years as part of structural funding, so that Internet-based project management (including application, approval, accounting, funding requests) can be implemented for state-financed funding instruments. A unified IT platform has been created that offers significant efficiency and quality advantages.
The adjustments to the Eureka program for internet-based project management commissioned by the clients were implemented in 2013, so that the solution was available from 01/01/2014 for the application and accounting of state-financed employment and qualification funding. A year later, the “Future Initiative District II” program was integrated into Eureka.
From this point on, applications and short applications, as well as the entire billing, had to be implemented by the beneficiary institutions with the help of the Eureka program.
The IT environment includes both the funding processes between the benificiary, service provider and granting authority as well as the budget processes that are necessary for making the funding instruments payable. It is the daily working tool for all actors involved and therefore had to meet all the requirements for efficient processing.
The first productive operation was on January 1st, 2014.
What we did:
- Overall responsibility for the creation, implementation and operation of the IT system
- Creation of the milestone plans (with development and delivery dates)
- Continuous schedule and budget planning as well as – Monitoring
- Early identification of project risks and possible preventive and / or corrective measures
- Application of IT management systems and ticket systems
- Coordination with the administrative authority, the certification and audit authority, the specialist departments, the budget department and the program users
- Quality management, error analysis
- Implementation of workshops
- Written progress reports and deadline forecasts
- Analysis of the business and technical requirements
- Development and description of the IT-technical detailed concept
- Description of the test concepts for the business and technical function tests
- Data import and export; Interfaces
- Creation of a security concept based on the BSI standard; BITV tests
- Application process
- Budget and cash accounts
- Monitoring and controlling (evaluations)
- Testing and retesting